Wednesday, April 06, 2016


Shame and Wonder: Essays

by David Searcy

This book got a glowing review in Publishers Weekly, and I'd been meaning to read more essays (not the persuasive sort, more like musings or commentaries). The author is a Texan, which promised (the book review promised!) an outlook different from my own and a landscape alien to me. Well, ho-hum. I don't know, I just wasn't feeling it. I gave it the old college try. My only regret is that I hung on too long trying to get into it, and now I'm falling behind on my backlog of books.

My next book up is meant to be a thriller, but I also picked it up on the strength of a PW review. Come to think of it, PW gave a very good review to Hot Pterodactyl Boyfriend, too, and I have trouble believing that teen book will be any good. Consider yourself on notice, Publishers Weekly.


No comments: